Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Kitchen Progress

These photos are from the day our contractors started assembling the Ikea cabinets. Our old kitchen was also an Ikea kitchen, and I put together all of the cabinets myself. It's easy - anyone who can assemble furniture can do it. That kitchen didn't have many cabinets, though, so I'm happy that someone else is doing it this time. If you are going to put together your own kitchen (or any other furniture) a cordless drill or screw driver is essential.

The Ikea kitchens have improved in the 10 years since I installed my first one. The drawers now have dampers that prevent them from slamming shut, and there are more cabinet sizes available.


Things are a bit of a mess - carryout and the microwave are helping us deal with dinner!

We were able to find the same 12x12 slate tile that we installed in our old kitchen, pantry, hallway and bath. The tile installer continued the original brick pattern. You wouldn't be able to tell where the old and new tile start, except for the fact that the old grout is dirty - I'll have to look into cleaning it.

No comments:

Post a Comment